Intraocular Lenses (IOL) from Our Eye Doctor in Kissimmee
IOLs are tiny, clear discs that sit in the front part of your eye, behind the iris and help you to focus. IOLs are made from different materials including plastic and silicone. IOLs are used to treat several eye conditions, including cataracts and refractive errors.
At Eye Care Specialists Of Florida, our ophthalmology specialists are proud to offer a wide variety of IOLs that can help you see clearly and improve your quality of life. Below are some of the most popular types of IOLs for our patients.
Why Does Our Eye Doctor Provide IOLs?
IOLs can be used to treat a number of different eye conditions, including cataracts. Cataracts occur when the front of the eye becomes clouded, which can cause vision problems. IOLs improve vision by replacing the natural lens of the eye with a clear, artificial lens.
What Are the Different Types of IOLs Provided by Our Ophthalmologist?
The different types of IOLs that our ophthalmologist provides include:
- Toric IOLs: Toric IOLs are designed to correct astigmatism, which is a condition that causes blurred vision. Astigmatism occurs when the eye is not perfectly round, and toric IOLs can improve vision by correcting this.
- Multifocal IOLs: Multifocal IOLs are designed to correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. Multifocal IOLs work by providing different areas of focus, which can help you to see clearly at all distances.
- Monovision IOLs: Monovision IOLs are designed to correct one eye for near vision and the other eye for distance vision. Monovision IOLs can help you to see clearly at all distances and are a good option for patients who do not want to wear glasses or contact lenses.
- Accommodating IOLs: Accommodating IOLs are designed to change shape in order to focus at different distances. Like monovision IOLs, accommodating IOLs can also help you to see clearly at all distances, making them a great option for patients that do not want to wear external corrective lenses.
- PanOptix Lens: The PanOptix Lens is a new type of trifocal lens that can help you see clearly and is one of a kind.
Experience Relief from Cataracts with Our Eye Surgeon at Eye Care Specialists Of Florida
If you live in Kissimmee, FL, Orlando, FL, or the surrounding areas and are looking for an eye doctor who can provide IOLs, look no further than Eye Care Specialists Of Florida. Our ophthalmology specialist is experienced in providing various IOLs. Contact us at (407) 483-0328 to schedule an appointment.